FOI Disclosure Log
09 November 2021
Could you please tell me
- Which council run care homes does your local authority manage?
- Have you outsourced management or the running of the care home to a private company?
- What is the name of the private company?
- How much money was paid by the council in your 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 financial years to private companies to run the care home?
- What is the typical pay of the most senior directors in companies chosen to run council care homes?
- What is the typical pay of a care assistant in your council run care home?
I would also like to know:
- Which private companies do you work with to provide and run social housing in your area?
- How much money was paid by the council in your 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 financial years to private companies to help with social housing?
- What is the typical pay of the most senior directors at private companies helping with social housing?
03 December 2021
Thank you for your request for information, this has now been processed and the information that we hold is enclosed.
East Herts District Council is a second tier local authority and the management of care homes is not part of its function - this is a unitary or County Council function.
The council does not work with private companies to provide or run social housing. The council works with registered providers (housing associations) who manage develop and mange their own social housing.
If you have any queries or complaint about the processing of your request please do not hesitate to contact me.
For re-use of information and conditions on the use of personal data please see
Alternatively for more information on the Freedom of Information Act contact the Information Commissioner at:
Information Commissioners Office
Telephone 0303 123 1113
It is important that you include the above FOI reference number on all correspondence related to this request.
Thank you for your request.